"To the 72nd Independent Guards Heavy Tank Lvov Regiment
October 3rd, 1944
According to order #0387 from February 5th, and complying with instruction #172 "On payment of reward for destroyed enemy tanks", the Head of the Finance Directorate of the Red Army approves payment to the named crewmen for destruction of enemy heavy tanks.
- On July 21st, 1944, in the city of Lvov, in combat at the northern part of the Zelenaya street, an enemy heavy Panther tank was destroyed by fire from Guards Senior Lieutenant Almuhamedov,.
- On July 22nd, 1944, in the city of Lvov, in combat at the Academicheskaya square, an enemy heavy Panther tank was destroyed by fire from Guards Senior Lieutenant Almuhamedov,.
- On July 22nd, 1944, in the city of Lvov, in combat near the theater, an enemy heavy Panther tank was destroyed by fire from Guards Senior Lieutenant Almuhamedov.
- On August 4th, 1944, in combat at the north-western outskirts of Feltshin place, an enemy heavy Panther tank was destroyed by fire from Guards Senior Lieutenant Almuhamedov.
- Tank commander, Guards Senior Lieutenant Almuhamedov: 2000 rubles
- Senior mechanic-driver, Guards Senior Technical Lieutenant Pisarev: 2000 rubles
- Gunner, Guards Senior Sergeant Mazurin: 2000 rubles
- Loader, Guards Senior Sergeant Porohnya: 800 rubles
- Total: 6 800 rubles"
CAMD RF 3802-247172-1
In the interest of brevity, I will skip the full text of the rest of the award order, as it is similarly verbose. In total, 10 Panthers and 5 Tigers were destroyed by IS tanks of this regiment, for a total of 25 500 rubles of reward. Even though the loader appears to get shafted (200 rubles per tank, as opposed to 500), memoirs suggest that reward money was evenly split between all crew members.
These are just financial rewards. There were, of course, others. Here are some award orders:
"Comrade Baranenko, in combat for the Motherland against Germano-fascist invaders in the Lvov direction, showed bravery and knowledge of ambush combat.
On July 20th, 1944, in the region of Peremyshleny, his crew destroyed two Tiger tanks, one Panther tank, and up to 60 soldiers and officers of the enemy, which allowed the capture of the settlement.
For skillful combat, both in ambush and in offensive battle, for destruction of two Tigers, a Panther, and up to 60 soldiers and officers of the enemy, and for the display of courage and bravery, he is worthy of the Order of the Red Banner award."
"A most brave and energetic gunner. During an enemy counterattack between July 17th, 1944 and July 23rd, 1944, during the destruction of the Brody group, he destroyed 5 enemy heavy tanks, 4 anti-tank guns, 10 machine gun nests, and up to 100 soldiers and officers of the enemy, demonstrating skill, courage, and bravery in battle.
When his tank was damaged on July 25th, 1944, comrade Arslanov did not leave his tank, and destroyed 2 enemy SPGs, even though the enemy did not stop firing at his tank. Only when he was wounded and the tank was engulfed in flames did he leave the tank.
For the damage done to the enemy and demonstration of courage and bravery in battle, he is worthy of the highest award of this government, the Hero of the Soviet Union."
"Guards Technical Lieutenant Ivanov, during combat for the Socialist Motherland from July 14th to 29th in the Lvov direction, during street combat for the city of Lvov, showed mastery of driving a heavy tank in the most difficult conditions of street combat.
Thanks to his excellent practical knowledge, his vehicle never stopped due to a breakdown, and constantly moved forward. The crew was always capable of fighting the enemy with an advantage from the positions that Ivanov would take. This crew destroyed two Panther tanks, five guns of various calibers with their crews, 4 vehicles carrying ammunition, 4 mortars, 10 trucks, and up to 50 enemy soldiers.
For skillful maneuvering of a heavy tank on a difficult battlefield, which enabled the crew to destroy enemy vehicles and personnel, for personal courage and decisiveness, he is worth of the Order of the Patriotic War, Second Class."