"When the Russian tanks attacked on 9.4.1942 and 11.4.1942, they mainly tried to break through to the main battlefield on the south shore of the lake, south of Koia-Assan. The tanks, at first, could not be spotted from the observation point, as they approached through a valley. The tanks were spotted when they were to the left of our positions, occasionally already behind us, or returning to their positions. Tanks were not shot at the front, but at the sides, and usually the rear.
The following types of tanks were destroyed:
- 09.4.1942: 9 T-26, 2 BT-7
- 11.4.1942: 4 T-60
- 1 T-26 at 40 meters, 3 shots.
- 3 T-26 at 100 meters, 3 shots each.
- 2 T-26 at 150 meters, first in 1 shot, second with 5 shots.
- 1 BT-7 at 400 meters, approximately with 9 shots.
- 2 T-60 at 550 meters, approximately 6 shots each.
- 3 T-26 at 600 meters, approximately 10 shots each.
- 1 BT-7 at 600 meters, approximately 10 shots.