"February 10th, 1935 Top secret
Memo attached to the "BT" project designed by comrade Tsyganov, 4th tank regiment
This design of the BT tank proposed by the 4th tank regiment alters the method of the vehicle's movement, and has advantages over earlier designs, such as:
- With the same speed of the chain (track) or, which is the same, the wheel, the tank has a speed that is twice as high as a regular tank with a caterpillar track.
- Using a chain of wheels instead of a mechanical track, the tank does not knock its track links against the ground, and moves quietly.
- Maximum chain wheel RPM: 422
- Minimum chain wheel RPM: 58.5
- Maximum chain speed: 14.5 m/s
- Minimum chain speed: 2 m/s
- Maximum tank speed: 104 kph
- Minimum tank speed: 14.4 kph
- Combat mass: 12 tons