- Stop work on the 3-gun KV-7.
- Equip the KV-7 with two 76 mm guns with +/- 7.5 degrees of horizontal range, +15 degrees of gun elevation, and -5 degrees of gun depression.
- The precision and accuracy when firing from the spot is good with the paired gun system. After calibration, 11 shells landed in an ellipse with the larger diameter 40 cm in length, and smaller diameter 13 cm in length.
- The rate of fire is 6-7 salvos per minute. Due to the unbalanced system and non-self-braking elevation mechanism (like the sector-type elevation mechanism) installed, the elevation increases after firing by 25 thousandths.
- The turning mechanism is heavy, and needs to be turned with both hands, which is unacceptable.
- The shell cassettes in the turret bay cause difficulty when working and must be replaced with an open type ammunition rack.
- The firing mechanism is too heavy when firing in salvo, and should be lightened by a factor of at least two.
- There is no mechanism for artificial recoil, which would also need a hatch in the rear. That hatch should also be usable for crew evacuation.
CAMD RF 38-11355-639