of investigation of several issues of equipping the T-34 tank with a stock or expanded turret ring with an 85 mm S-53 gun
January 14th, 1944
When developing working blueprints of turrets for tanks with stock or expanded turret rings, take into account the following:
- The main aiming device is the refracting scope. Also install the 10-T-15 telescopic sight.
- Instead of a periscope, the gunner should use a MK-4 sight.
- The angle of gun elevation should be no less than 22 degrees and the angle of gun depression should be no more than -5 degrees.
- The turret should fit 35 machinegun disks in the turret bustle. The turret with the stock turret ring should replace these disks with shells.
- The gunner's seat should be adjustable height-wise. In the turret with an expanded turret ring, make the commander's chair removable instead of having it flip back.
- Put the radio in the turret in the tank with the enlarged turret ring."
CAMD RF 38-11355-2224
The "T-34 with stock turret ring" is most commonly known as T-34-76. Photographs of this old tank with the new gun can be seen here.