16th Independent Tank Brigade repository, file #7
"Assistant commander of the Leningrad Front Armoured Forces, Major-General Bolotnikov orders to deliver to him:
- A combat report of the attached format, daily.
- A report on every operation that uses more than a tank company (according to the format handed out during the meeting on January 1st) 24 hours after the operation.
- A monthly report.
- A quarterly report.
- Format for urgent messages.
- Format for combat report.
- Format for a record of unrecoverable losses.
- Format for a monthly report."
"Combat report with a note on the condition of the vehicles: every day for the previous day at 20:00
Here is what these reports would have contained (another section of the collection):
"Example contents of a monthly report to the Armoured and Mechanized Forces Headquarters of combat use and combat history over the month.
- Composition, condition, and location of tank units in the Army at the beginning of the month.
- New formations, dismissed formations, and new material possessions over the month.
- Overall background of combat action (terrain, weather, what the enemy did and what his forces were).
- Description of combat actions of the tank forces:
- Preparation for completion of tasks.
- Organization and cooperation.
- What the tank units accomplished (destroyed, captured, etc).
- Deficiencies and upsides of application of tank forces:
- Depending on the Army headquarters.
- Depending on all-arms commanders that were assigned tanks.
- Depending on tankers.
- Precise characteristics of captured equipment.
- Enemy tactics (tank, anti-tank, combined arms).
- Composition, condition, and location of tank units at the end of the month.
- Conclusions and recommendations."