- Installation of two guns of identical (medium or high) caliber, and two machineguns (or low caliber cannons). These four guns give the tank unprecedented firepower, increasing its combat value.
- Two guns provide very high rates of fire when serviced by two loaders, using a special rapid-fire ammo rack (shells and propellant are loaded pointing in the direction of the guns in the turret bustle).
- The tank can strike a moving target immediately, due to the ability to fire a second shell immediately as the first one lands near the target. This allows for faster ranging in.
- If one gun is out of action (misfire, semi-automatic mechanism fault, failure to extract, breakdown, loader error, etc), the second gun continues firing, and the tank remains in action.
- The coefficient of armour, engine power, and weight compared to the gun doubles. Accuracy when firing at moving targets or on the move increases, as aiming is done by one person with the ability to follow up a shot almost instantly.
June 11th, 1945"
CAMD RF 38-11350-396