I report on the trials of Object 701.
After taking apart the transmission and replacing broken components, trials continued. From October 26th to October 29th, the tank travelled 190 km. In total, the tank travelled 1160 km. Trials were paused for the following reasons:
- The engine is hard to start. During the last trial stage (1070 km), the engine stopped starting, and only after replacing 3 nozzles in the left group did we manage to start the engine, with some difficulty.
- The water radiator leaks (produced by the aircraft factory).
- The 3rd gear transmission reductor friction clutch tore.
- Water: 90 degrees
- Oil in the engine: 90-92 degrees
- Oil in the transmission: 95 degrees
- Air temperature: 0 degrees
- Additional fuel tanks are connected to main fuel tanks, and have the appropriate valve on the driver's control panel.
- A mechanism to jettison additional fuel tanks without leaving the tank has been added.
- The radiator socket is removable.
- The water and oil systems have been simplified.
- A Panther type heater has been added for the water system.
- A new type of air grille has been added with a reverse lock.
- The transmission oil pump has been improved (40 L/min in 5th gear instead of 20)
- Kimaf oil filter installed to clear the transmission oil.
- The driver's pedals have been simplified and a ball bearing added to their axles.
- Other small design improvements.