- The combat qualities of the T-80 tank, such as
- Practical rate of fire
- Ability to fire at airborne targets
- Crew comfort
surpass those of the T-70 tank, and meet the requirements for a light tank.
- The increased crew of 3 drastically increases the T-80's combat performance compared to the T-70B, and improves the control of tanks in battle. It is easier and faster to service the tank with three men.
- The installation of two turbocharged GAZ-80 engines with a total power of 170 hp results in an effective 15 hp/ton, which provides the T-80 with better or equal performance compared to the T-70B.
- The 45 mm gun with an additional return mechanism designed by Gorkiy factory performed flawlessly during trials (875 shots).
- Drawbacks of the T-80 include:
- The turret and turret platform ceiling must be removed to replace the engines, which will complicate field repairs.
- Turbocharging the GAZ-80 engine resulted in large compression and filling ratios, which means that the cylinders, cylinder heads, valves, and cylinder liners are incompatible with the stock 6-cylinder engine.
The commission considers it possible to recommend the T-80 for adoption by the Red Army to replace the T-70, pending correction of all defects outlined in this act and factory trials."