To: Director of the S.M. Kirov Experimental Machinebuilding Factory
When the T-46 flamethrower was examined, the following conclusions were made:
- The 50 L fuel tank (40 L usable volume) can make 10-12 shots at a range of 25 meters and 5-6 at a range of 40 meters. It is easy to work with this device.
However, the volume is insufficient, and needs to be increased to 100 L.
- The flamethrower equipment cannot be used to emit smokescreens.
- If ABTU accepts this flamethrower, the following changes must be made:
- Replace the flexible hose with a metal pipe, turning will be enabled with a ball joint.
- Replace the hose nozzle with a more modern type, like on BT and T-37 tanks.
- Add a pressure meter to measure the pressure inside the fuel mixture tank.
- The pressure meter and reductor should be placed on a panel in the front of the turret. Use the M-34 reductor.
- In order to hold the fuel mixture tank, weld a ring of iron with openings for bolts to the bottom.
- It must be noted that the conversion of the T-46 to a chemical tank is more difficult than the conversion of the T-26. The chemical T-26 has a 400 L tank. If possible, the T-46 needs to have equipment of equivalent power.
- A place for a 80-100 L smoke mixture tank is desirable.