On the production of T-34s with torsion bar suspensions
The NKSM (factory #183) must produce two experimental T-34 tanks with the following features by April 1st, 1941:
- Individual torsion bar suspension.
- Road wheels with internal shock absorption.
- 1600 mm turret ring with protection from jamming and lead fragments.
- A commander's cupola on the main turret with a dead zone of at most 10 meters.
- A 5 man crew, of which 3 are in the turret (commander, gunner, loader) and two are in the hull (driver, radio operator).
- Maximum speed: 65-70 kph.
- New 600 hp V-5 engine (modernized V-2-K).
- Other tactical-technical characteristics remain the same as defined by decree #428 on December 19th, 1940.
- Perform factory trials by April 1st, 1941. Present the tanks for proving grounds trials on May 1st, 1941.