- Name: Sorokin, Georgiy Aleksandrovich
- Rank: Junior Lieutenant
- Position, unit: T-34-85 commander, 1st Tank Battalion, 51st Uman Order of the Red Banner Tank Brigade
is nominated for title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: June 20th, 1924
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: none
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent actions in defense of the USSR, Patriotic War: January 27th, 1944 to June 16th, 1944 on the 2nd Ukrainian Front, 1st Belorussian Front since June 20th, 1944
- Wounds and concussions in the Patriotic War: heavily wounded on August 3rd, 1944, near Volomin
- In the Red Army since: July 26th, 1942
- Recruited by: Armavir recruitment office, Krasnodar krai
- Previous awards: none
Brief and specific description of heroism or achievements: in battles for the Socialist Motherland, comrade Sorokin displayed exceptional heroism, bravery, and courage. On Aucust 3rd, 1944, when deflecting an enemy attack near Garna station, he destroyed 4 enemy tanks, 20 APCs, and up to 100 soldiers and officers. Wounded, in a burning tank, he rammed an enemy tank. When wounded, he did not leave the battlefield, but jumped out of his burning tank and moved to another tank, continuing to destroy the enemy.
Comrade Sorokin is worthy of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
CAMD RF 33-793756-45