- Name: Novikov, Vasiliy Ivanovich
- Rank: Guards Lieutenant
- Position, unit: tank reconnaissance platoon commander, 3rd Tank Battalion, 53rd Guards Fastov Order of the Red Banner, Order of Bogdan Khmelnitskiy Tank Brigade
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1921
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) candidate
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent actions in defense of the USSR and Patriotic War: South Front (February 1942-August 1942), North Caucasus Front (August 1942-December 1942), 1st Baltic Front (February 1944-April 1944), 1st Ukrainian Front since June 15th, 1944.
- Wounds or concussions in the Patriotic War: wounded on January 19th, 1945
- In the Red Army since: October 1940
- Recruited by: Pushkin recruitment office, Moscow oblast
- Previous awards: Order of the Red Banner, August 1st 1944
He is worthy of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
"14 January 1945: 3 tanks of the 2./schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 fight near Kielce. Several Tigers continue fighting in the following days in the big pocket, but all have to be blown up after running out of fuel. Tiger 323 (Oberfeldwebel Schaffer) breaks through a 12-ton bridge and is abandoned. The remnants of the battalion gather at Griinberg (Silesia). In this area, several crews received surplus armored vehicles (2 Panthers, 3 Panzer IVs, 2 Hornisse tank destroyers and several Hetzer tank destroyers from the maintenance facility at Brieg)."