- Name: Timofeev Andrey Aleksandrovich
- Rank: Sergeant
- Position, unit: Mechanic-driver of a T-34 tank, 3rd Tank Battalion, 12th Guards Tank Brigade
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1918
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: none
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent actions in the defense of the Soviet Union and in the Patriotic War: 1st Ukrainian Front since December 6th, 1943.
- Wounds and concussions in the Patriotic War: died on December 7th, 1943
- In the Red Army since: May 8th, 1943
- Recruited by: Krasnaya Presnya recruitment office, Moscow
- Prior awards: none
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
Brief and specific description of personal heroism or achievement: Sergeant Timofeev, a mechanic-driver of a T-34 tank, entered battle against a numerically superior opponent at Zanki. Skilfully driving his tank, comrade Timofeev helped his commander destroy 4 PzIV tanks in a 1.5 hour battle while under strong tank and artillery fire. At a new line of defense, comrade Timofeev skilfully camouflaged his tank and corrected fire through his open hatch, resulting in two heavy Tiger tanks being knocked out.
Deflecting enemy infantry and tank attacks, with no cover from his own infantry, the tank was surrounded by enemy tanks and infantry and set on fire. As the best son of the peoples and a patriot of our Motherland, Timofeev rammed an enemy Tiger tank with his burning tank. Upon collision, both tanks exploded. As a result of the battle, comrade Timofeev assisted in the destruction of 7 tanks, 3 of them Tigers.
Comrade Timofeev died the death of brave men. For exceptional bravery and courage displayed in battle, for skilful use of a tank in battle that destroyed 7 enemy tanks and up to 30 soldiers, comrade Timofeev is worthy of the government award of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union, posthumously.
Acting commander of the 12th Guards Tank Brigade, Guards Major Dudnev"
CAMD RF 33-793756-47