- Name: Suslov, Aleksey Nikolayevich
- Rank: Guards Starshina
- Position, unit: SU-M-10 driver, 387th Guards Demblin SPG Regiment
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1914
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: none
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent action in defense of the USSR and the Patriotic War: Patriotic War, Central Front since October 25th, 1941, 1st Belorussian Front since June 28th, 1944.
- Wounds or concussions in the Patriotic War: light wound on December 18th, 1941, light wound on April 9th, 1942, light wound on November 6th, 1942.
- In the Red Army since: 1941
- Recruited by: Orekhov recruitment office, Kostroma oblast.
- Previous awards: "For Bravery" medal, November 18th, 1944, Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class on January 23rd, 1945.
Brief and specific description of heroism: During the combat actions of the regiment, his vehicle was always in the battle formation of the battery. For instance, when capturing Inowroclaw, the SPG battery containing comrade Suslov reached the south outskirts of the city and caught up to retreating fascists. With fire and tracks, they destroyed 70 fascists and scattered some of them, preventing them from mounting any effective resistance.
As a result of a brave and rapid offensive that provided decisive support for our infantry, the city of Inowroclaw was liberated. During the battle, comrade Suslov's SPG destroyed up to a company of infantry, 10 machinegun nests, and two dugouts.
The combat mission was completed with honour, having no losses on our side."
CAMD RF 33-793756-46