Conditions for acceptance of tanks at tank factories
- The acceptance testing is performed by the GABTU Military Representative.
- A tank can only be accepted after the gun and machineguns are fired, the tank runs through an acceptance course, and all defects discovered in the tank are corrected.
- The tank acceptance procedure consists of:
- Running an acceptance course, 5 km for every T-34 and KV tank and 10 km for every tenth T-60 tank, as selected by the military representative.
- Test-firing of the gun on each tenth KV and T-34 tank and on each T-60 tank, and test-firing of the coaxial machinegun on each tank.
Additionally, the military representative assures the quality of individual components and parts, as well as the quality of assembly.
- The military representative is allowed to accept tanks without a clock, voltmeters and ammeters (replaced by an indicator light), speedometers, aerothermometers (all except one), turret fans (in the winter), turret traverse mechanisms for T-34 tanks, intercom (replaced by an indicator light), spare fuel tanks, and radios, in the event that these items are absent at the tank factory."