March 19th, 1943
On the use of American armour plates in production of T-70, T-80, SU-12, and armoured trains
- Allow the NKTP (comrade Zaltsmann) to:
- Use 6, 10, and 15 mm armoured plates, equivalent in armoured resistance to domestic plates, for general purposes according to existing standards for armour in 1943.
- Allow 35 mm thick armour that spalls in an area less than 5 calibers in diameter to be used in manufacturing.
- 35 mm thick plate with carbon content of up to 0.26% can be used for T-70, T-80, and SU-12 hulls.
- 35 mm thick plate with carbon content of over 0.26% can be used as armour for trains and for T-70 and T-80 turrets welded in high tempering mode.
- The NKTP (comrade Zaltsmann) must establish a technological process for preparation and welding of components from American armoured plates that guarantees quality according to presently established standards.