I consider it necessary to switch 25-30 Moscow factories to the production of the T-60 tank at the cost of any other production barring rockets, AA gun shells, and 76 mm shells.
If we can use 2500-2700 machines at these factories, then we can produce 30-35 T-60 tanks per day by October 25th.
Despite the evacuation of Moscow's factories, I believe that these 2500 machines need to remain until the very last moment. I also believe that if it comes to that, the evacuation of the Kolomna factory must be delayed, as it produces T-60 hulls.
If you agree, please approve the attached decree.
October 9th, 1941"
"State Committee of Defense Decree $759ss
October 10th, 1941
The State Committee of Defense decrees that:
- Production of 30-35 T-60 tanks per day should be organized in Moscow by October 25th of this year.
- Comrade Malyshev is authorized to make the necessary decisions in order to carry out this decree.
- Comrade Malyshev is permitted to cancel any orders excluding rockets, AA shells, and 76 mm shells from Moscow factories (aside from NKAP, NKV, and NKB factories).
- Peoples' Commissars comrades Efremov, Parshin, Kazakov, Kabanov, Sedin, Vakhrushev, Akopov, Mithokhin, Tevosyan, Kaplun, Arutyunov, Pekshev, Smiryayev, Letkov, the Mossovet and comrade Pronin must carry out comrade Malyshev's orders regarding T-60 production.
- It is forbidden to evacuate any equipment or workers connected to T-60 production without permission from the GKO.
- The Moscow Oblast Committee, comrades Sherbakov, Popov, and Chernousov must provide daily help in the execution of this decree.
- This decision is of paramount importance for the defense of Moscow."