- Name: Prudkoy, Nikolai Petrovich
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Position: T-70 reconnaissance platoon commander, 203rd Tank Battalion, 89th Tank Brigade
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1922
- Nationality: Ukrainian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) member since 1943
- Participation in the Civil War and subsequent combat action in defense of the USSR (where, when): in the Patriotic War since February 1943
- Wounds and concussions in the Patriotic War: killed on July 16th, 1943
- In the Red Army since: 1941
- Recruited by: Borispolskiy recruitment office, Kiev oblast
- Previously awarded: Order of the Patriotic War 1st class on August 10th, 1943
On July 16th, 1943, comrade Prudkoy encountered an enemy ambush while in the advance guard of the brigade near Krasnikovo. In battle, comrade Prudkoy destroyed enemy concentrations. An enemy shell hit his vehicle, which caught fire. Comrade Prudkoy was wounded. Choking from the smoke, he continued to destroy his enemy. A second shell blew off his legs. Losing blood, he stayed in the tank while he communicated information about the enemy, and only then did he climb out of the tank, burned and wounded. In the field hospital, he called over his commander and confirmed information about the enemy, after which he died.
For exceptional dedication to his duty, his Motherland, and his exceptional heroism, comrade Prudkoy Nikolai Petrovich is worthy of the highest state award: the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
CAMD RF 33-793756-39