- Name: Sadovskiy, Yuri Vladimirovich
- Rank: Captain
- Position, unit: reconnaissance officer, 530 Baranovich Order of Alexander Nevskiy Anti-Tank Artillery Regiment
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1920
- Nationality: Ukrainian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) member since 1943
- Participation in the civil war and subsequent actions in defense of the USSR and Patriotic War: in the Patriotic War since June 1941
- Wounds and concussions in the Patriotic War: wounded in September of 1943
- In the Red Army since: September 1939
- Recruited by: Oktyabrskiy recruitment office, Kiev
- Prior awards: Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class on August 20th, 1944, Order of Aleksandr Nevskiy on February 4th, 1945
During an attack of enemy columns on our forces, he and his scouts were the first to stand in their way, drawing fire and letting the regiment's batteries set up. In this battle, comrade Sadovskiy personally killed over 70 soldiers and officers with his submachinegun and grenades. In a critical moment of the battle, when one gun's crew was killed, comrade Sadovskiy took up a position at the gun with scout Shalunov and fought for 2 hours against an attacking enemy, destroying 2 German tanks, an APC, and over 250 soldiers and officers.
At night, with two scouts, he snuck into an enemy camp, killed a sleeping tank crew, and got into their tank. At dawn, he opened deadly fire at the enemy. When the tank ran out of ammunition, comrade Sadovskiy closed his hatches and drove the tank at an enemy column at high speed, crushing the enemy's vehicles and soldiers. Leaving behind over 200 corpses, crippled vehicles, 2 guns, and 9 machineguns, comrade Sadovskiy broke through to the regiment's HQ, taking an active role in its defense. Later, pursuing the fleeing enemy, he led the soldiers from the HQ company and crews from gun batteries, showing the enemy an unseen slaughter. 230 prisoners were taken in this battle.
Comrade Sadovskiy thrice took part in hand to hand combat, fighting with grenades, a pistol, and a knife. He killed, wounded, and knocked out about 100 enemy soldiers, personally capturing 31 soldiers, 1 Major, and 2 Oberleutnants.
He is worthy of the highest government award: the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
CAMD RF 33-793756-42