- Name: Frolikov, Dimitriy Georgievich
- Rank: Junior Lieutenant
- Position, unit: tank platoon commander, 3rd Tank Battalion, 4th Guards Tank Brigade
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1918
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) member since 1942
- Participation in the civil war, subsequent action in defense of the USSR, Patriotic War: fought the White Finns in 1939-1940, in the Patriotic War since 1941.
- Wounds and concussions in the Patriotic War: two light, two heavy wounds
- In the Red Army since: March 1938
- Recruited by: Kolomensk recruitment office, Moscow oblast
- Prior awards: "For Courage" medal, June 22nd, 1942
Tuesday, 26 January 2016
Brief and specific description of combat heroism or achievements: June 26th, 1944. Jr. Lieutenant Frolikov's platoon captured the crossing of the Moscow-Minsk and Orsha-Smolyany highways, where they destroyed an enemy column of 150 cars escorted by 6 tanks from an ambush. 2 PzIII tanks were knocked out, and up to 100 soldiers and officers were killed.
On June 27th, 1944, his platoon captured a crossing at Dymovo village and, from an ambush, destroyed an enemy column of 170 cars, 2 PzIII tanks, 2 SPGs, and killed up to 100 soldiers and officers.
On June 27th, 1944, the platoon also captured a river crossing near Ostrov, cutting off the retreat of an enemy group. An enemy column of up to 100 cars was destroyed, as well as two SPGs, and one PzIII and one SPG were destroyed by ramming. 2 guns were captured, and up to 100 enemy soldiers and officers were killed.
Comrade Frolikov's crew personally destroyed: 2 PzIII tanks, 3 75 mm SPGs, 2 guns were crushed with tracks, and up to a company of soldiers and officers. An artillery battery, 2 functional PzIII tanks, and one Tiger tank were captured.
Comrade Frolikov is a member of the VKP(b) and is committed to the cause of Lenin-Stalin, yearns to destroy the enemy, and is tactically skilled.
He is worthy of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
CAMD RF 33-793756-50