- Name: Kharitonov, Nikolai Pavlovich
- Rank: Starshina
- Position and unit: mechanic-driver of a T-34 tank, 1st Tank Battalion, 65th Volnovakha Order of the Red Banner, Order of Suvorov Tank Brigade
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1915
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) member since 1944
- Participation in the Civil War and subsequent combat action in defense of the USSR: Western Front, 1st Belorussian Front.
- Wounds or concussions in the Patriotic War: none
- In the Red Army since: 1937
- Recruited by: Kuzovatskiy recruitment office, Ulyanovsk oblast.
Thursday, 31 March 2016
Brief and specific summary of personal heroism or achievements: While fighting as a part of the 1st Tank Battalion on the 1st Belorussian Front from January 14th to January 20th, 1945, T-34 tank driver Starshina Kharitonov executed his orders flawlessly, demonstrated bravery, tenacity, skill, and heroism.
Maneuvering with skill on the battlefield, he allowed his crew to complete their objectives. His tank travelled over 400 km without a single breakdown, despite having already exhausted its warranty period during summer battles. As a result of his skilled maneuvering, his crew destroyed 2 150 mm guns, 1 75 mm gun, 3 MG nests, 12 cars, and 22 fascists on January 15th in battles for Bortodsee,Yusefuv, Druzhanki, and Kuchki.
On January 16th, 1945, in the Milishsk settlement, the destroyed one PzV tank, a tractor with an 88 mm AA gun, 6 cars, and 13 fascists.
On January 19th, 1945, he was the first to ford the Pilitsa river under enemy fire south of Tomanluv and, catching up to an enemy column retreating to Lodz during a night reconnaissance mission, he crushed 28 carriages with military cargo and 17 fascists.
He is worthy of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union."
CAMD RF 33-793756-51