- Name: Prikhodtsev, Vasiliy Ivanovich
- Rank: Guards Lieutenant
- Position: Tank commander, 1st Independent Guards Tank Regiment of the Supreme Command Reserve
is nominated for the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Year of birth: 1921
- Nationality: Russian
- Party affiliation: VKP(b) candidate since 1943
- Participation in the civil war, other combat actions in defense of the USSR, Patriotic War: did not participate, in the Patriotic War since June 22nd, 1941
- Wounds or concussions in the Patriotic War: wounded twice
- In the Red Army since: 1940
- Recruited by: Putivlinsk recruitment office, Sumskaya oblast
The story with this award order is a little more complicated than usual. The commander of the armoured forced of the 1st Guards Army did not consider this feat worthy of the title of Hero of the Soviet Union, and forwarded the award order with a note "worthy of the Order of Lenin". Luckily for Prikhodtsev, the commander of the armoured forces of the 1st Ukrainian Front agreed with the original assessment and the hero received his title on May 24th, 1944.