Defense against nighttime attacks and combat against enemy tanks and tank crews
1. Lately, the enemy began nighttime attacks in significant numbers. In this he is aided by long nights, the acclimatization of soldiers to local conditions, and knowledge of terrain.
Up until now, the distinguishing traits of nighttime attacks were:
- High mastery in concealment of all preparations, always in complete silence.
- Significant forces are pulled up and prepared under the cover of darkness.
- There is no artillery barrage, the penetration into an already scouted out weak section of the front is sudden.
- The main line of defense is penetrated by densely packed attacking columns, a continuous line in order to not lose direction, despite the increased losses.
- Dense and powerful fire in the main defensive sector, especially at presumed attack routes and areas of enemy concentration.
- Quick concentration of fire of as many heavy weapons and batteries as possible at discovered concentrations of enemy forces from prepared positions where the direction of fire, ranges, etc. are already established.
- 360 degree defense of all watch posts and command posts.
CAMD RF 500-12480-12