Combat mode. Elevation angle 15°.
General characteristics of the system
The purpose of the system is to serve as company level anti-tank armament. It uses a semiautomatic breech with forced opening. Insignificant amount of recoil is achieved using a roller principle, where the shot is fired while the barrel is moving forward, which is done with a special spring* and a muzzle brake.
The gun is equipped with wheels to move around the battlefield. For long marches, the system can be easily taken apart into 2 pieces or transported whole with the carriage in travel mode.
The gun can easily be converted to be carried by people or on a horse.
- Caliber: 37 mm
- Shell: armour piercing standard 129, fuse MD-5 with tracer, mass = 0.674 kg **
- Muzzle velocity: 520 m/s ***
- Propellant charge: 0.05 kg ***
- Maximum gas pressure: 2600 kg/cm² ***
- Chamber volume: 0.077 dm³
- Muzzle energy: 9.2 ton-meters ***
- Total mass in combat mode: 82 kg
- Mass of the oscillating part: 39 kg
- Mass of the rolling mechanism: 20 kg
- Bore axis height: 250 mm
- Maximum elevation: +15°
- Minimum depression: -5°
- Horizontal range: +/- 10°
- Length in combat mode: 2420 mm
- Length in travel mode: 1580 mm
- Length of the oscillating part: 1365 mm
- Axle width: 620 mm
- Resistance force during firing: 340 kg
- Sight: ZYa-4, direct fire, angled
* A hydraulic safety device is added in case of a misfire or hangfire.