This tank was designed in December of 1942 by Vasiliy Stepanovich Greshnikov, an infantryman, giving a rather interesting view into what infantry wants out of their tank.
TNPP (Direct Infantry Support Tank), light, tracked, with a 75-100 hp engine
Suspension: torsion bar (idler in the rear)
Controlled by friction clutches
Clearance: variable, up to 400 mm
Track: small link
- Automatic or regular 82 mm mortar
- Simple semiautomatic anti-tank rifle
- Coaxial submachinegun
- Mortar: 360 degrees
- Anti-tank rifle: 360 degrees
- Submachinegun: 45 degrees
- Mortar: 45 to 80 degrees
- Anti-tank rifle: -5 to +75 degrees"