Thursday 28 February 2019

Tank Archives Turns Six

Hello, dear readers! Another year of running this blog went by. And what a year it was. I finally got past the medium of text, appearing in not one, but two podcasts by Military History Visualized: one on kill claims back in May, and one more recently on Soviet impressions on the Pz.Kpfw.I tank. In case you missed them the first time around, I'm embedding the videos under the break.

Twitter has taken off pretty well. I'm well over the 1000 follower milestone, sitting at 1322 at the time of writing. The main blog is also doing well, right up against 4 million total views. Seems that my audience demographics have stabilized: USA at a distant first, followed by the UK, Germany, Russia, Canada, Poland, France, Finland, Australia, and Spain.
A little bit extra news for everyone who clicked the "read more" link: I'm writing a book! The working title is "Designing the T-34", but it's almost certainly going to change. As you may have guessed, I'm planning to cover the creation of the T-34, starting from lessons learned during the Spanish Civil War and ending with production and distribution of the tanks in the months before the start of the Great Patriotic War. The book will be published in the UK by Morton's, but I'm sure it will be available worldwide through standard channels. It should be out by the end of the year, so be on the lookout for more announcements.

And now, those videos I promised you:






7 comments:

  1. Greetings from Bulgaria! Keep up the good work. I will be very happy if you can upload some information about the bulgarian tank forces during WW2. I know it is not the most interesting topic but maybe you can suprise us with some little known information. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Peter! I read you blog every day, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have read through most of the topics in this blog and all the information available here is remarkably. I hope you and your assistants keep up with such honorous job. Kindest regards from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Peter! Great Days for T-34 fans after 'The Mythical Weapon' anti-climax. I'll be having a copy of that book, please let us know when it's published.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I just discovered these videos a few days ago. (You are easier to understand the Austrian host.)

    BTW, in your T-34 book could you please cover all the sights more in detail as this is lacking in most other books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Peter! This blog is so informative, and (after watching some gawd-awful TV history about Kursk a week or so ago, a program where the historians were embarrassingly ignorant of many of the points you have belabored) I find it refreshingly corrective. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work, and I hope for many more years of interesting documents! I await your book!

    ReplyDelete